Atlanta-based SMC, a provider of LTL (less-than-truckload) technology, data and education services, recently said that he 2023 Online Education Schedule LTL Curriculum offers five courses as part of its LTL certification program. The classes offer once-a-week 60-minute live sessions in addition to on-demand learning components. Options for individual, team and corporate learning as well a course bundles are available.
Courses offered in the 2023 schedule include:
• LTL201: The Fundamentals of LTL (March 2 – March 23) provides an overview on the basics of the LTL market, how carriers make money, final mile delivery and more topics shaping today’s trucking industry.
• LTL202: LTL Operations from Dock to Stock (May 4 – May 25) focuses on the flow of freight from warehouse to rack and everything in between.
• LTL203: LTL Freight Pricing (July 20 – Aug. 10) will highlight pricing fundamentals and calculations, classification, packaging and how to get the best rate for LTL freight.
• LTL204: U.S. LTL Transportation Laws and Regulations (Sept. 14 – Oct. 5) covers the rules that impact LTL freight and how to minimize legal risks.
• LTL205: LTL Business Analytics (Nov. 2-30) is a capstone course designed to guide students from theory to real-world LTL applications with the analytics, data and relationship-building that drive the business of LTL.
SMC3 said the courses are ideal for anyone in the carrier, shipper, and third-party logistics industries involved with moving less-than-truckload freight.
“The transportation industry is a dynamic, rapidly shifting environment,” said Brian Thompson, chief commercial officer at SMC³. “Newcomers and seasoned professionals alike benefit from sharing knowledge, participating in live discussions and learning from industry-leading minds. Our hybrid learning approach helps students conveniently gain valuable insights to help secure the future of freight and move our industry forward.”