KPCB’s Mary Meeker 2016 Internet Trends Report
Yes, it is a slide deck, but it's also one of the most eagerly anticipated collections of facts in Silicon Valley, and Mary Meeker is ready with her 2016 internet trends report, which she delivered yesterday at this year's Code Conference.
Mary Meeker’s 2017 Internet Trends Report Slides
The widely anticipated slide deck, from Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker, compiles the most informative research on what’s getting funded, how Internet adoption is progressing, which interfaces are resonating, and what will be big next.
- Mary Meeker’s 2016 Internet Trends Report Slides
- Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends Slide Deck
- All Resources
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) partners with the brightest entrepreneurs to turn disruptive ideas into world-changing businesses. The firm has helped build pioneering companies like Amazon, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Google, Nest, Netscape, and Twitter. KPCB offers entrepreneurs years…
- Company Quicklook
She says “easy growth is behind us” as the newest internet users are coming from less developed and less affluent countries.
Meeker also delves into artificial intelligence, Snapchat brand integrations, changes to live sports viewing habits, car industry innovation and the rise of millennial consumers, among many other topics.
The 2016 edition of Mary Meeker’s annual Internet Trends report covers today’s Internet growth and an in-depth look at the following:
- Global Internet users have surpassed 3B; India has supplanted the US as the world’s second-largest Internet market.
- Internet user growth remains consistent (led by acceleration in India), while smartphone user and shipment growth have slowed.
- In the face of a slowing global economy, key macro growth drivers from the past 2 decades are less certain.
- Internet advertising (particularly via mobile) continues to grow, but so does ad-blocking, pushing the envelope on development of more innovative ad formats.
- New online-first brands have rapidly grown in popularity for the millennial generation with their focus on omni-channel and personalized distribution strategies.
- In communication, video and images shared are growing as a means of storytelling; creators, consumers, and advertisers are taking part.
- Messaging has evolved from simple, expressive conversation to business-focused use cases, with Asian platforms often leading the way.
- More efficient and often more convenient than typing, voice-based interfaces are ramping quickly and creating a new paradigm for human-computer interaction.
- Transportation is being re-imagined, as the rise of car computerization, autonomous driving, and sharing transform our understanding of mobility.
- Looking to China, Internet leadership continues, as the country boasts global innovation powerhouses in e-commerce, messaging, travel, financial services, and on-demand transportation.
- The proliferation of data generated by a multitude of devices has fostered tremendous business opportunity, but privacy concerns abound.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) partners with the brightest entrepreneurs to turn disruptive ideas into world-changing businesses. The firm has helped build and accelerate growth at pioneering companies like Amazon, Google, Nest, Twitter, Uber, and Mandiant. KPCB offers entrepreneurs years of operating experience, puts them at the center of an influential network, and accelerates their companies from success to significance.