DSV is one of the biggest names in transport and logistics, operating in over 90 countries with a global network of over 75,000 employees.
After having opened a new warehouse in Johannesburg - the largest integrated logistics center on the continent - a multi-national Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Healthcare company approached DSV South Africa (SA) for services across the end-to-end supply chain.
Supporting inbound freight management, outbound flows, domestic distribution, and storage and value-added services during storage would require all three of DSV’s multi-national business units to participate. At the time, each unit had its own team operating according to its own systems and processes.
The ambitious project would require extensive visibility and seamless coordination across expansive and dynamic networks. As a customer of MPO’s end-to-end logistics and transportation management system, which is used at the DSV Solutions sites in Europe, DSV reached out to MPO to develop a global supply chain control tower solution that would meet those needs in South Africa.
Through this case story you'll discover:
- How DSV dealt with the challenge of connecting people, systems, and processes
- The highly regulated and highly complex nature of the FMCG sector in which DSV's customers operated
- How DSV found the flexibility to evolve a solution according to their client's developing needs
- How, using the global control tower, DSV coordinated business units through smart automation
- How breaking down silos across the supply chain enabled a 22% improvement in vehicle utilization, a 76% decrease in resolution response times for multi-supplier queries, and more
Download Now and learn how DSV broke down silos across the supply chain to enable a 22% improvement in vehicle utilization, a 76% decrease in resolution response times for multi-supplier queries, and more.