October 8, 2015
Intersections is a quarterly analysis of global merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the transportation and logistics (T&L) industry.
It provides an overview of the most recent M&A results and our expectations for future deal activity.
Highlights of what the first-quarter 2015 analysis revealed:
- There was a slight dip in announced transactions (worth $50 million or more) from 62 T&L deals in the previous quarter to 54 deals in this sector in the first quarter.
- Overall T&L deal value increased by $5.8 billion, primarily driven by megadeal activity.
- Asia and Oceania accounted for the majority of T&L deal value and volume in the first quarter.
- Reversing a recent trend, cross-border T&L transactions gained significant momentum in the first quarter.
- Trucking deals remained prominent in the first quarter, however activity was driven by the passenger ground and logistics industries.
- One key driver of improved activity across all transportation modes will likely be the decline in fuel costs globally as diesel and gasoline prices hit their lowest level since 2009.
Log in to download this paper.