World’s First Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
At Oracle OpenWorld 2017, Oracle Chairman of the Board and CTO Larry Ellison unveiled his vision for the world’s first autonomous database cloud which he claims has demonstrated the performance of 10x faster and at half the cost of Amazon cloud.
How Supply Chain Orchestration Boosts Agility, Simplicity and Business Performance
Why Every Manufacturer and Logistics Provider Should Prioritize Supply Chain Orchestration.
- The Complete Buyer’s Guide to Transportation Management…
- The Industrial Internet of Things Driving the Big Data Boom
- The Industrial Internet of Things Driving the Big Data Room
- Putting Your Supply Chain Technology First
- All Resources
We’re not just a provider, we’re your partner. At Frontier, we get to know your business and offer you tailored solutions designed to meet your demands and continued growth.
Solving real business problems with tailored network solutions, so you never pay for something you don’t need.…
Oracle provides the most complete suite of supply chain applications, Oracle supply chain management is comprised of: value chain planning, value chain execution, product lifecycle management, advanced procurement, asset lifecycle management, order orchestration and fulfillment, and manufacturing.…
- Company Quicklook
Powered by Oracle Database 18c, the next generation of the industry-leading database, Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud uses ground-breaking machine learning to enable automation that eliminates human labor, human error, and manual tuning, to enable unprecedented availability, high performance and security at a much lower cost.
“The automation does everything. We can guarantee the availability of 99.995 percent, less than 30 minutes of planned or unplanned downtime.”
The Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud eliminates the human labor associated with tuning, patching, updating and maintaining the database and includes the following capabilities:
- Self-Driving: Provides continuous adaptive performance tuning based on machine learning. Automatically upgrades and patches itself while running. Automatically applies security updates while running to protect against cyber attacks.
- Self-Scaling: Instantly resizes compute and storage without downtime. Cost savings are multiplied because Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud consumes less compute and storage than Amazon, with lower manual administration costs.
- Self-Repairing: Provides automated protection from downtime. SLA guarantees 99.995 percent reliability and availability, which reduces costly planned and unplanned downtime to less than 30-minutes per year.
The Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud handles many different workload styles, including transactions, mixed workloads, data warehouses, graph analytics, departmental applications, document stores and IoT.
The first Autonomous Database Cloud offering, for data warehouse workloads, is planned to be available in the calendar year 2017.
Why are Customers Moving their Data Warehouse to the Cloud?
Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud is a next-generation cloud service built on the self-driving Oracle Autonomous Database technology using machine learning to deliver unprecedented performance, reliability, and ease of deployment for data warehouses.
As an autonomous cloud service, it eliminates error-prone manual management tasks and frees up DBA resources, which can now be applied to implementing more strategic business projects.
“Every organization is trying to leverage the overwhelming amount of data generated in our digital economy,” said Carl Olofson, research vice president, IDC.
“With a history of established leadership in the database software market segment, it is no surprise that Oracle is pioneering a next-generation data management platform. Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud is designed to deliver industry-leading database technology performance with unmatched flexibility, enterprise scale, and simplicity. The intent is to ensure that businesses get more value from their data and modernize how data is managed.”
Highlights of the Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud include:
- Simplicity: Unlike traditional cloud services with complex, manual configurations that require a database expert to specify data distribution keys and sort keys, build indexes, reorganize data or adjust compression, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud is a simple “load and go” service. Users specify tables, load data and then run their workloads in a matter of seconds - no manual tuning is needed.
- Industry-Leading Performance: Unlike traditional cloud services, which use generic compute shapes for database cloud services, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud is built on the high-performance Oracle Exadata platform. Performance is further enhanced by fully-integrated machine learning algorithms which drive automatic caching, adaptive indexing and advanced compression.
- Instant Elasticity: Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud allocates new data warehouses of any size in seconds and scales compute and storage resources independently of one another with no downtime. Elasticity enables customers to pay for exactly the resources that the database workloads require as they grow and shrink.
Oracle Database 18c
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud is powered by the next generation of the world’s #1 database, Oracle Database 18c. Oracle Database 18c delivers breakthrough automation capabilities, as well as greatly enhanced OLTP, analytics, and consolidation technologies.
Technology Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Guide
This white paper details how taking a few precautionary steps now, you will be able to avoid many potential technology and data disasters and be well prepared to deal with those you cannot avoid. Download Now!
Building the Next-Gen Intelligent Network
This white paper describes how to achieve a sophisticated level of connectivity and how companies will increasingly need to partner with vendors who can put together the intelligent network skeleton on which the virtualized, cloud computing enterprise can grow. Download Now!
Securing Your Network in the Age of Bring Your Own Device
This paper looks at the ever-increasing use of mobile devices, and why corporations must stay in tune with its consumerization, implementing a Bring Your Own Device policy to ensure the security of all parties involved - the employee and the corporation. Download Now!
3 Frontier Communications Case Studies
Learn how Frontier built network solutions for 3 different companies, from Wi-Fi system to Internet-based telecommunications and power infrastructure, Frontier tailored specific solutions to fit each business needs. Download Now!
3 Things You Need to Know Before Hiring an IT Consultant
This white paper shows you how to have a valuable relationship with an IT consultant and how to ask the right questions about their qualifications, verifying their experience in your industry. Download Now!
Say Hello to the Right Technology
In this eBook, we’ll examine connectivity solutions that can address these issues and provide workgroups with the tools they need to be more productive, helping businesses run more efficiently. Download Now!
More from Frontier Business