May 5, 2017
Retail has entered a new, digital world that has changed the delivery process forever.
Customers demand visibility, speed and real-time communication.
About the Research:
eft asked 200 supply chain executives in retail and brands 8 quantitative questions about:
- the importance of customer experience in final-mile delivery and how this affected supply chain performance.
- if current technology was sufficient in providing appropriate final-mile delivery experience and transparency in routing and tracking an order
We have supplemented the data with first-hand interviews with 4 leading retailers on how they manage their final mile delivery costs and expectations.
The key findings in the Whitepaper include:
- Retailers understand the importance of the customer experience
- 83% of retailers report CX is now a company-wide goal and 67% said that gaining greater control of the CX was crucial to delivery
- Current technologies are not addressing CX needs
- Only 3% of retailers currently have systems that fully support efforts to improve the CX, while 66% said that their existing systems do nothing to improve the customer deliveryexperience
- Supply chain leaders are integrating CX into their operations
- 71% retailers said shared carrier and consumer data across all teams was crucial or very important, and 69% said that the ability to take dynamic action on in-transit issueswas crucial or very important
- The desire to improve the customer experience is often at odds with traditional operational metrics
- 79% respondents said reducing costs and improving margins is still crucial or very important
Log in to download this paper.