Introduction to Multichannel Fulfillment and Shipping
Ecommerce has presented wholesale distributors and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with an opportunity for growth, but it comes at the cost of transitioning from single-channel shipping.
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. e-commerce retail sales have increased 3.9 percent from the first quarter of 2018.
Over the last year, average ecommerce sales have risen more than 15 percent, revealing the increasing demand for multichannel fulfillment and shipping.
To manage ecommerce logistics and maintain cost efficiency, shippers need to know the challenges in managing ecommerce logistics, how a TMS can help, and a few tips to streamline the process.
What You’ll Learn in this Multichannel Fulfillment and Shipping White Paper;
- What are Challenges in Multichannel Fulfillment and Shipping
- Why Intermodal Freight Shipping and Freight Consolidation/ Deconsolidation Programs Are Essential
- Why a TMS Is Key in Managing Ecommerce Logistics
- The Top Tips to Manage E-Commerce Logistics
- Why a Robust, Comprehensive Shipping Strategy Must Include All Types of OTR Options
- Considerations in Last Mile and Ecommerce Shipping and Logistics
- Simple Ways to Improve Last-Mile in Ecommerce Practices
Since the demand for ecommerce is only expected to continue to rise, shippers that take the time to prepare for a comprehensive implementation from warehousing through the last mile can avoid shortfalls and come out on top.
Log in to download this paper.