For more than five decades, Instrumentation Laboratory has been leading the rapidly-evolving markets of clinical and in vitro diagnostic systems for hemostasis and critical care. The company’s renowned medical technology and laboratory equipment is used every day in hospitals and laboratories around the globe.
Instrumentation Laboratory Challenge
Instrumentation Laboratory required a more streamlined reverse logistics program which could be coordinated with the installation of finished goods deliveries, and which would also enable the business to improve service levels for customers including hospitals, doctor’s offices and clinics.
SEKO MedTec was selected to provide finished goods installations, and reverse logistics including decontamination and other specialized services. SEKO now manages all outbound shipments and return shipments to and from the Instrumentation Laboratory facility in Bedford, Massachusetts. All time definite appointments are coordinated at each delivery location, using SEKO MedTec certified drivers to meet with the client. All units which are not field destroyed are also decontaminated by SEKO MedTec, before final delivery back to Instrumentation Laboratory as refurbished stock.
Benefits of the SEKO Solution
- Reduces transportation costs by combining installation and reverse logistics coordination shipments into one
- Increases customer service through time definite appointment deliveries
- Reduces claims thanks to MedTec certified transportation
- Provides visibility of all shipment and asset activity through MySEKO
- Enables decontamination of refurbished units at MedTec hub locations
- Includes field destroy, with environmental certification, for sustainable business
Log in to download this paper.