Omnichannel Needs Ecommerce to Work & Shippers Should Focus on Mastering the Channel to Compete & Reduce Costs
Although ecommerce makes up 10 percent of overall retail sales, its value in the modern economy must not be underestimated.
There has been much discussion about the retail apocalypse, and retailers around the globe are clamoring about how they can achieve success and avoid this imminent doom.
The answer lies in developing omnichannel experiences for customers, unifying the online and brick-and-mortar experience into a seamless shopping journey.
Unfortunately, shippers may overlook the biggest obstacle to omnichannel, developing effective e-commerce shipping practices.
Shippers need to understand the challenges of ecommerce shipping, how it contributes to omnichannel success and why a reliable, robust TMS and 3PL partnership can make all the difference.
In this white paper you’ll learn:
- How Ecommerce Threatens to Undercut Brick-and-Mortar Sales
- Why Ecommerce Shipping Mastery Leads to Omnichannel Success
- How to Excel at Ecommerce Shipping and Supply Chain Management
- Why Demand for an Omnichannel Supply Chain Persists
- How Mastering Ecommerce Shipping Strategies Will Help Retailers Avoid the “Retail Apocalypse”
- Tips to Master Ecommerce Shipping Strategies
- How a TMS aids Shippers in Going Omnichannel & Mastering Ecommerce
- How Going Beyond With a Transportation Management System
- Why Utilizing a 3PL to Streamlines the Whole Process
Download this white paper and learn how to go omnichannel with your supply chain and understand how a major part of that strategy is in the ecommerce channel.