Three Most Common Myths
Step inside your local fulfillment center and you’ll likely see a struggling supply chain.
Reliable and scalable robotic systems can help, but some of what you've been told isn't quite right.
- MYTH #1: Automated each picking is all about the robot. REALITY: It’s about the intelligence behind the robot.
- MYTH #2: Machine pick rates equal system throughput rates. REALITY: Performance will vary (widely) by the environment.
- MYTH #3: Put a cobot where people stand, and you’ve created robotic picking. REALITY: Cobots can’t replicate picking performance at a sustainable scale.
Moving Beyond Myth: Where to Go From Here?
Today, there’s tremendous interest and investment in intelligent robotic systems for picking.
Keep these 3 things in mind when evaluating solutions:
- Picking is more than robots.
- Beware the Mighty Mouse complex.
- Tread carefully with transformation.
Log in to download this paper.