September 9, 2018
Supply chain leaders will face 2018 with uncertainty and opportunity.
Digital technologies are becoming more prevalent in basic supply chain functions, and changes in legislation are likely to spur dramatic changes that will result in the need to reevaluate supply chain strategy in both domestic and international locations.
Similar to the supply chain maturity curve of technologies, as explained by Steve Banker of Forbes, supply chain managers should consider how top supply chain trends will influence operations in the coming year.
11 areas that supply chain managers will want to monitor in 2018;
- The IIoT Will Be Standardized
- Blockchain Technology Will Emerge in Greater Detail
- Supply Chain Visibility Becomes an Independent Technology
- New Devices and Mobile Systems Will Become Integral to Supply Chains
- Automation within Advanced Supply Chain Technologies Will Increase
- Mass Adoption of the Cloud
- Companies Will Levy the Power of 3PL-Based Technologies
- Supply Chains Will Develop and Take Advantage of Transformative Supply Chain Technologies, like Freight Sharing Apps
- Supply Chains Will Transform, Increasing Capacity of Production & Customer Experience Thanks to Transformative Supply Chain Technologies
- Use of Artificial Intelligence Will Increase
- Conversational Platforms Will Drive Supply Chain Collaboration
Download this white paper and learn a few trends that will prepare you for excellence this year.
Log in to download this paper.